Project Explorer

 
 
 

Lewis & Clark Elementary

Location: 
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Owner: 
Council Bluffs Community School District
Category: 
Size: 
46,000 square feet
Budget: 
$5,200,000
Lund-Ross Team: 
Chief Executive Officer
Project Executive
Executive Vice President
Field Operations Manager
Share this Project: 

Lewis & Clark Elementary

Lund-Ross served as the general contractor for the large-scale renovation of Lewis & Clark Elementary School in Council Bluffs. The school was built in 1957 and teaches kindergarten through fifth grade classes.

Students and faculty were relocated to an off-site facility for the 2014-2015 school year. Lund-Ross completed an interior demolition of the 35,000-square-foot school and installed a new energy-efficient geothermal heating and cooling system and a new roof. Existing classrooms and bathrooms were remodeled, and a new art room and media center were built. New finishes were installed throughout the building.

Lund-Ross also built a new 11,000-square-foot addition on the south side of the school. The new addition houses more classrooms, a music room, and a separate entrance and reception area. Outside, Lund-Ross installed new sports courts and playground equipment as well as built a new drop-off/pick-up lane for the west entrance.

The renovation of Lewis & Clark Elementary School was completed by Lund-Ross in July 2015.

Similar Projects: 
Location: 
Omaha, Nebraska
Lund-Ross completed a large-scale renovation of Building 21 on the Omaha north campus of Metropolitan Community College (Metro). Originally built...
Location: 
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Lund-Ross constructed the new Iowa Western Performing Arts Center on the Iowa Western Community College (IWCC) campus. The center covers 45,000 s...
Location: 
Omaha, Nebraska
Lund-Ross completed a renovation of the Wareham Building for Creighton University. Located just north of downtown Omaha, the five-story warehouse...
Location: 
Omaha, Nebraska
Lund-Ross constructed the new George Beadle Middle School in southwest Omaha. The new 126,000-square-foot facility houses classrooms, libraries,...